If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking clomipramine and contact your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical treatment:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, face, or tongue; or hives);
- a fast or irregular heartbeat;
- a heart attack;
- high blood pressure (blurred vision, severe headache);
- difficulty urinating; or
- fever with increased sweating, muscle stiffness, or severe muscle weakness.
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take clomipramine and talk to your doctor if you experience:
- sexual problems; More info.
- drowsiness or dizziness;
- dry mouth and eyes;
- mild tremor;
- mild agitation, weakness, or headache;
- ringing in the ears;
- nausea; or
- loss of weight or appetite.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.