What should I avoid while taking clomipramine (Anafranil)?
- Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Clomipramine may cause drowsiness or dizziness. If you experience drowsiness or dizziness, avoid these activities.
- Dizziness is likely to occur when you rise from a sitting or lying position. Rise slowly to prevent dizziness and a possible fall.
- Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking clomipramine.
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with clomipramine. The interaction could lead to potentially dangerous effects. Discuss the use of grapefruit and grapefruit juice with your doctor. Do not increase or decrease the amount of grapefruit products in your diet without first talking to your doctor.
- Do not stop taking clomipramine suddenly. This could cause symptoms such as nausea, headache, and malaise.