How can I change the behaviour of my child with ADHD? What are the basic principles of behaviour modification?
The famous American ADHD expert Russel Barkley emphasizes the need for immediate positive consequences in the behaviour modification of ADHD children.
- Use more immediate consequences
- Use a greater frequency of consequences
- Employ more salient consequences
- Start incentives before punishments
- Strive for consistency
- Plan for problem situations and transitions
- Keep a disability perspective
- Practice forgiveness