The only way to achieve a lasting reduction in weight is by a lasting modification of eating habits. All temporary cures lead to a temporary reduction, but as soon as there is a return to the old eating habits the overweight returns.
Weight is a natural consequence of eating habits. There is no other way to achieve a lasting reduction of overweight than modified eating habits. Other methods such as exercise and cosmetic operations may sometimes be of some use but are useless if not combined with modified eating habits.
Important factors in lasting weight reduction:
- Train regularly, e.g., walk for 45 minutes a day. This affects the feelings of satisfaction in such a way that there is a reduction in the urge to eat. More.
- Take regular meals at those times when you are usually hungry. More .
- Eat nutritious food: Greens, root vegetables, fruit salads, fish, low fat milk, cottage cheese, almonds, nuts, sunflower seeds. More .
- Avoid: cakes and buns, sweets and all junk foods. More .
- If you are doubtful about a certain kind of food, try it and see if it causes compulsive eating or makes you want to eat even when you don't need more nutrition. Avoid all food which has these effects.
- Eat only when you are physically hungry and stop immediately when you are physically satisfied. More .
- Don't console yourself with food. Put up with the discomfort which has usually caused you to eat unwholesome junk. More
- Try to solve your problems instead of escaping from them with the help of junk food. More .
- Food should only be used to make you satisfied when you are hungry.
- Brighten up your life with other interests than eating. More.