- Impairment of social interaction
- Deficits of nonverbal and verbal communication (skills)
- imaginative activity (lost in "dream worlds")
- repetetive behaviours
- limited number of activities or interests
Severe and sustained impairment in soical interaction.
Development of restricted, repetitive paterns of behavior, interest and activities.
No clincially significant delays of language development
- Autistic Disorder
- Childhood Disintegrative Disorder
- Rett's Disorder
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder not otherwise specified Severe and pervasive impairment in the development of social interaction of different orign.
Markedly abnormal or impaired development in social interaction
Restricted repertoire in activity and interests
Usually noted within the first year of life
Marked regression / decrease of skills in multple areas of functioning after a period of at least two years of apparently normal development
Only affecting girls ! Specific and highly distinctive pattern of developmental regression after a period of normal functioning.