How should I take biperiden(Akineton)? What happens if I miss a dose? What happens if I overdose?
- Take biperiden exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse or doctor to explain them to you.
- Take each dose with a full glass of water.
- Take biperiden after a meal if it upsets your stomach.
- Biperiden may be taken once or several times a day. The maximum amount of biperiden that should be taken in any one day is eight tablets (16 mg). Follow your doctor's instructions.
- Store biperiden at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
- If you miss a dose take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and only take your next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication.
- Symptoms of a biperiden overdose include large pupils; warm, dry skin; flushed face; fever; dry mouth; fast or irregular heartbeat; anxiety; hallucinations; confusion; agitation; hyperactivity; loss of consciousness; and seizures. If you overdose seek emergency medical attention.