Web4health is a unique approach to disseminate reliable medical information with eHealth options. According to our experience most patients have rather specific questions related to their individual problems. Despite the high number of medical webpages it is difficult to find specific answers to psychological problems.
The basic ideas of the project are:
- connect European psychotherapists to exchange experiences and publish (and review) reliable medical and psychological information.
- find a new dynamic way to answer frequently asked questions of patients posted to medical webpages or asked at a call-center hotline (new "automated FAQ-system")
- Develop a multilingual natural language interface to allow easy access to the information
Some strong arguments for web4health.info:
- European webpage provided by experts from 7 countries in 5 European languages (and more to come in 2005)
- very innovative templated based expert system using a natural language interface -> user can ask a question in normal language without knowing special medical terms
- many different topics covered. Unique way to get appropriate information ("FAQs") but also links and related information to comorbid disorders or related topics of interest
- interacitve way to search for information using our optimized search engine
- every FAQ represents a single webpage and is also listed in all major search engines -> many people find our pages looking for general medical or psychological information