I am suffering from depression. What must I do? Do you recommend depression self-help? How can I get more satisfied with myself?
If you are suffering from depression, here is some advice on how to manage things better:
- Is your depression caused by stress? If so, scale back on stressful activities (such as work commitments)
- Avoid important decisions if you can.
- Deal with stress effectively.
- Tell yourself that depression does not last forever.
- Take the opportunity to discuss your worries with family and friends - they may not be solved, but you may feel better.
- Try to do as much as you feel able to without undue effort - including seeing family and friends, even if only for short periods.
- Look after your hygiene, physical health and diet.
- Limit alcohol consumption.