Home   News   Forums   Log in    Get personal advice    My area     Help    
Go to:
All forums
  Free Web Forum on Psychology
  Plz help my brother


KOM2002 (reply)  Plz help my brother

Thread Messages in thread:

reply Re: Plz help my brother , F6E6AD5CB42F6EF78E7913629297C8EB , 29 Jun 2012 10:42
reply Plz help my brother , C5CE48856CC29531136CE7B703F47797 , 28 Jun 2012 22:06
 172981. To top of pageTop   Next message down
Plz help my brother
From: C5CE48856CC29531136CE7B703F47797
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 22:06:03 +0200
Language: English


Reply to this message

Reply to all  

My brother is 26 yrs old, married on 20th Nov. 2009. Since his childhood he has got sm problem. His mood used to change often, whenever his demands were not fulfilled he became violent and destructive. But now he is not that violent, but still, on not doing according to him he becomes aggressive (mood off) but in normal state while talking to him he is so polite and gentle but has no sense what he is talking about and to whom. He use to make rumours and useless talks and fake things, adding things from his own side, just to attract the listener, and make him strange about what he is saying. Do u have any idea what problem he has and what can be the proper solution? One more thing i forgot to tell that my father is owning a garage, he wants to engage my brother in that but he has no sense that he has to live his life on his own, he just want to sit at home and if he assist my father either he will ruin something or steal. Even my father asked him to join some other work in which he is interested but he has no proper sense of society. Plz help us, as my father is so much worried about his future.
 173000. To top of pageTop Previous message Previous message  
Re: Plz help my brother (Reply to: 172981 from C5CE48856CC29531136CE7B703F47797 )
From: F6E6AD5CB42F6EF78E7913629297C8EB
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:42:28 +0200
Language: English


Reply to this message

Reply to all  

Hello Dear,

Don't get scared by what I'm saying but from what you have described, it appears that he is schizophrenic. The best you can do to your brother is to go to a psychiatrist and explain what you have said here. In the first meeting, you and your father only visit the doctor. He will guide about how to bring him there. [One trick would be to tell him that you are going to doctor for checkup instead of him]

To give a clear idea, here are few samples what a schizofrener does
Become overactive / underactive at times
Talk to themselves / over a phone when there is no actual call
Might think that somebody is acting illfully against her
Become angry/emotional
May speak something that may not be understood by us
May show signs of depression (Keeping still for hours, filled with sadness, etc)

Don't worry. Now there are good medicines available that will bring him back in life and away from such swings. But you have to do him a favour by taking him to psychiatrist as soon as possible. The more you delay, more time and medicines you will need for him to recover.

All the best

You are not logged in
Today's date: Thu, 23 May 2024 17:54:26 +0200
KOM 2002