Home   News   Forums   Log in    Get personal advice    My area     Help    
Go to:
All forums
  Ask the Expert Areas
  No psychological free advice is available in English (for more info click "info")
  Re: Obsessive things


KOM2002 (question)  Re: Obsessive things

Thread Messages in thread:

reply ** Re: Obsessive things , Gunborg Palme - Leg psykolog - Leg psykoterapeut - Telefon 08-664 60 92 , 18 Dec 2006 22:34
question Re: Obsessive things , ****** , 18 Dec 2006 16:16
 90004. To top of pageTop   Next message down
Re: Obsessive things
From: ******
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:16:53 +0100
Language: English


Reply to this message

Reply to all  

I was molestated at age five, and my parents hid it from everyone. I was expected to forget about it and never talk about it. Since I became sexually active, (which was at the age of 16) I have been dealing with this greatly. My parents refuse to talk about it so I feel alone and wonder why they never gave me help.
I go through these obsessive things, like constant handwashing, teethbrushing, sleeping with lots of clothes on, each of these things happen and then i move on to something else to be obsessive about. I think that I do this because I feel like I can control something. I am now 21 years old and I have been having problems with my relationship with my boyfriend. He tries to tell me his opinions on things in my life and i feel like I always rebell against him so that I can be able to say no. I know that he will help me but I say no..just to be able to say it. I feel like I always need to say no to things because it helps keep me together. I'm not sure what I'm going through and I don't know how to fix this.??
 90040. To top of pageTop Previous message Previous message  
** Re: Obsessive things (Reply to: 90004 from ****** )
From: Gunborg Palme - Leg psykolog - Leg psykoterapeut - Telefon 08-664 60 92
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:34:51 +0100
Language: English


Reply to this message

Reply to all  


You might be suffering from OCD, which need not be caused by you being molested. Talk to a psychiatrist about diagnosis and treatment.

OCD can often be successfully treated with a combination of SSRI medicines and cogntive psychotherapy. You also need psychotherapeutic treatment for your childhood trauma.

Read more about OCD.

Treatment after child molestation.

You are not logged in
Today's date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 10:24:41 +0200
KOM 2002