If you go to discos and house parties, you may get in contact with (the consequences of) XTC use. When a user feels uncomfortable or unwell after using XTC it is important that the user doesn't panic. Try to calm the user down in a cool and quiet room. If the user doesn't calm down and is not approachable after a while, call for professional in the help. A high temperature and an irregular heartbeat are obvious alarming symptoms. It is hard to be friends with someone who regularly uses XTC. The following things are important:
- try to be well informed about XTC,
- talk frankly about XTC, without prejudice,
- make an agreement on the use of XTC,
- be clear about the limits set, for yourself and for the other person involved,
- Keep the dialogue going: panic and threats are often counterproductive,
- if necessary, don't be afraid to ask for advice and help.