The content management system will support a group of experts in different countries,
who are jointly developing a set of documents. It will support the following functions:
For example, there can be different export templates for:
- Every document can have an arbitrary set of attributes, such as title, body,
sources, etc. For every attribute is specified whether it is in plain text or
HTML (preferably XHTML) format.
- Every attribute can be provided in multiple
languages. Authorised users can modify attributes, with protection against information
loss if two users modify the same attribute at the same time. Modification can
be in any of the languages, for which this attribute is available.
values can be specified for attributes not specified for a particular document.
- Documents can be exported through any of several export templates.
- Publication as a static web page for screen viewing.
- Publication as a
static web page for printing.
- Publication of a separate source statement.
- Publication in a format which is used as input for the natural-language question-answering
- Publication in XML format for exchange with other content management
This content-management system is developed as an extension
to the KOM2002 groupware system
within the KOM2002/Web4Health EU-funded research project.
Within KOM2002, we have successfully used the system to develop a web site with
more than 6000 pages.